One of the most common GP queries is “How to give access to a GP Window” ? David Musgrave from Microsoft has covered this in detail in the Microsoft Dynamics GP Application Level Security Series -
- Update: How to identify the Security Tasks and Security Roles using the Support Debugging Tool
- How to identify the Security Tasks and Security Roles associated with a specific window or report
I have used both the options a few times, and love them. However, sometimes when you are on the phone guiding somebody who does not have Support Debugging Tool or experience with SQL, this get tough.
So with some excellent coding from Rubal – GPWindow.com now has a Security Task/Role lookup page – You can search for Roles or Tasks for a GP Window or Report. This page -
- Shows you all the Security Tasks and Security Roles that contain a particular Window
- Lets you know if a particular Window does not have any inbuilt Security Tasks or Roles and points you to an article by Chetna guiding you how you can setup security
Search for “Sales Transaction Entry”, shows you the Roles and Tasks that contain this Window.
TIP - Try typing in the full window name for better performance. Single words will mean slower results.
Search for “Transaction Upload” and it lets you know that no Inbuilt security Role has this Window. It points you to this article- Setting up a Security Task/Role for a GP Window or Report
- This page only shows data from the inbuilt roles and tasks. If you have custom tasks, I would recommend following instructions from David’s article.
- Try and type in the full Window name for better results.
Related Useful Security Article
- Update: How to identify the Security Tasks and Security Roles using the Support Debugging Tool – David Musgrave
- How to identify the Security Tasks and Security Roles associated with a specific window or report – David Musgrave
- Setting up a Security Task/Role for a GP Window or Report – Chetna Bawa
- Granting access to a new SmartList in GP 10 – Victoria Yudin
- Tracking down a GP 10 security task that is granting unwanted access to a window – Steve Endow
- Security enhancements in the GP 2010 – Mariano Gomez
- Weekly Dynamic: Dynamics GP 10 Roles vs. Classes – Mark Polino