RC 0 for SQL Server 2012 is now out.
SQL 2012 boasts of
- AlwaysOn—SQL Server 2012 RC0 offers multiple readable secondaries in AlwaysOn, which lets you better distribute backup and reporting workloads, and it now supports the FileTable and FILESTREAM data types.
- Resource Governor—According the SQL Server Team Blog, SQL Server 2012’s Resource Governor includes several new capabilities, including support for 64 resource pools, enhanced CPU usage controls, and enhanced resource allocation.
- Cloud Computing—SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) now supports snapshot backups to Windows Azure.
- Data Quality Services and Master Data Services—This release provides Change Data Capture (CDC) support for Oracle.
- Power View—The data visualization tool includes new features with SQL Server 2012 RC0.
The RTM of SQL 2012 is expected to be released in the first half for 2012, so now might be a good time to get started with learning more about it, if you haven’t already!
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Training Kit Now available for Download
Read the release notes at Microsoft SQL Server 2012 RC 0 Release Notes