I expected this to be the most boring presentation of the day. However, the talk by Jeff Mcdowell (from FastPath), was enlightening and entertaining with lots of practical examples.
He had a presentation about meeting audit requirements with Dynamics GP.
In his presentation - Jeff covered
- Audit Compliance
- Achieving Compliance using Dynamics GP
- Making the Most of Audit Trail and Logging Information – Who, What, When of changes. Tracking what’s necessary
- Segregation of duties
- Security Configuration – Limit Sys Admin access, Identify and monitor critical transactions. Strong Pwd Policies.
- Preparation and Automation - Challenges with Compliance with your current Implementation
- Challenges with GP and Auditing – reliance on sa, SQL authentication and password administration
- FastPath’s Products – Audit Trail, Assure and Config AD
Mark Polino has covered FastPath on his blog a couple of times last year, with a nice introduction to their products.
Should be available on demand tomorrow evening. Check it out!