Mark Polino has a new story up - New Dynamics GP Fiction: Wiseguy. I doubt there is this kind of fiction about any other ERP application, so we are lucky to have Mark writing witty, and informative stories. I remember the time we were all excited looking at a brief screenshot of GP in “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” Dynamics GP in the Movies.
Maybe someday we will see a movie or at least a TV series made out of Mark’s short stories!
Now you can subscribe to Everything Dynamics GP via email
- Updating the Home Page Metrics in GP 2010 R2 – Metrics have been improving with each GP version, ad Rubal has details on how you can get that perfect metric for your GP home page.
- Quick Tips - Smartlist Builder (Jake) has some quicktips, and is looking for your feedback.
- How to get beginning account balance when past year not closed yet? (Jack)
- How to get beginning account balance when past year not closed yet? (Sandip Jadhav)
- Speed Up Collections Window Population (Mark Polino)
- Emailing POs using new GP2010 word templates (Andy Hall)
SQL / Database Stuff
- Vendor Notifications on EFT Bank Transfer (Mohammad R. Daoud)
- Inventory Reset - Average Item receipt QTY on hand does not equal IV QTY on hand. (Mohammad R. Daoud)
- Blog Post: Using "Select *" in code examples on my blog post – John explains why he uses “Select *” in blog posts. Hint – Its more readable.
- SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, Index and Statistics Maintenance - Microsoft Dynamics GP DBA – Check out the scripts and go vote for Ola!
- Simplifying Payroll Liability Payments (Christina Phillips)
- Canadian Payroll - some ROE fields demystified
- Installing Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2 – Database Compatibility Issue (Ian Grieve)
- Could not access the securityservice service. The request failed with HTTP Status 503: Service Unavailable (Mickey)
- Infor Q&A Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 full package or greater needs to be installed for this installation to continue (Mickey)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2 RTM Technical Demonstration Toolkit – HyperV and Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2 RTM HyperV Image and new Microsoft ERP site
- The Connector for Microsoft Dynamics Factsheet ( The Connector for Microsoft Dynamics is a data integration tool that synchronizes the information in your Microsoft Dynamics CRM system and Microsoft Dynamics GP)
- Reason's to Upgrade from Integration Manger – Staggering statistics!! (Notice that I rarely use two exclamation marks)
- How to Upload Files from Your Local PC, to Your myGPcloud Integration Manager Environment
Other Interesting Stuff
- Do We Need an App Store for Microsoft Dynamics GP? (Mark Polino)
- Windows 7 "God Mode" Mythbusting
- The Technical Friend's Essential Maintenance Checklist for Non-Technical Friend's Windows Computer
- Recovered! - Mohammad R. Daoud is back, and updates us on the awesome stuff he has been upto.
Dynamics GP Videos of the Day
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Revenue/Expense Deferrals (Belinda Allen)- “Here I’ll show you how easy it is to defer Revenue over a specified period of time. I’ll setup a Deferral Profile to make a template for commonly used deferrals. No more manually deferring, let GP do it for you!”